Re: still the same bug

GSR - FR wrote:
Hi,
gimpdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2007-04-30 at 2137.21 -0300):

could you provide more instructions to reproduce the error,

Well, cannot tell you more...
Adaptative, nonrecursive, 1 pixel radius, black=7, white=248.
A 5 pixel cross in the middle of a white image,
and I got a NONSYMMETRIC 6 pixel output like this:

xxx
 xx

I see what you describe, with the 5 pixels being grey #88888 and the
bg #ffffff. A longer cross (3 pixels each arm plus the center pixel)
also returns something interesting:

   x          x
   x          xx
   x          xx
xxxxxxx -> xxxxxxx
   x        xxxxxx
   x          xx
   x          xx

Repeating the filter makes it grow to the bottom right a bit each
time.

GSR

IMHO this comes from the histogram correction, try the same with a black (000000) cross and white (FFFFFF) background.

see :

2004-10-30  Sven Neumann  <sven@xxxxxxxx>

	* plug-ins/common/despeckle.c: applied a patch from Geert Jordaens
	that improves the Despeckle algorithm. See bug #72862.
The problem is that due to histogram correction some pixels are thrown out in this case the white pixels are thrown out.
In the patch of 30-10-2004 I allowed the value of black to be -1 and white to be 256 to disable the histogram correction.
Geert Jordaens