Re: CMYK palette info from Photoshop

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 23:47 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 3/31/07, Hal V. Engel <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You might consider using a color transform using ICC profiles.  For example
> > you could use sRGB as your generic destination color space and perhaps a SWAP
> > profile for the CMYK side.  Once you have selected your two profiles doing
> > the conversion is almost trivial using calls to lcms.
>
> Hal,
>
> Could you point me to an example? I see some functions in
> plug-ins/lcms, but have not figured out how to use them.  Most seem to
> operate on drawables -  I want to push CMYK number values into RGB.

The lcms plug-in is a good example as it already uses the color profiles
you need. That is the profiles configured in the Color Management
section in the prefs.

The problem that we are facing here though is that the bug you are
looking at is supposed to be fixed in the core. And the core doesn't
know anything about color management and doesn't link against lcms. Not
sure how this would best he handled. We could add functions to the lcms
plug-in so that it can do the CMYK->RGB conversion for you but that
would likely be too inefficient. Perhaps it's easier to write a
standalone palette converter?

Sven