Re: GimpImage to GdkPixbuf

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 10:45 +0200, Aurimas Juška wrote:> On 3/22/07, Michael Natterer <mitch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:> > I would say making a screenshot and loading the resulting file with> > gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() is probably the easiest way.> > I would like to implement something like> GdkPixbuf gimp_image_render_gdk_pixbuf (GimpImage)> or even more general> void gimp_image_render_gdk_drawable (GimpImage, GdkDrawable)> correctly (with display filters, color management, etc). This would> probably be easier to be done in the core, though.> > If screenshot is an option to implement it, could you tell me how can> I take screenshot of image which is, for example, too large to fit in> a window?
It's of course only a workaround.
I've thought again about that request, and I think you have a point.Color management actually *is* a display filter, so what's neededis simply to be able to "copy visible" with display filters applied.
Since "copy visible" IMHO implies this (but in fact doesn't do it),would you please file a bug report about it? It should probably bea different function, since display filters are per *display*, whilecopy visible copies from the projection, which is part of the image(and should probably stay part of the image).
I could imagine just another "copy <whatever>" function that doesthis. You could then simply paste the buffer as new image andsave it. An in-core pixbuf wouldn't help you anyway, you want thepixels in a file anyway to be able to use them.
ciao,--mitch
_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer