Re: memory manage in python-fu

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 17:01, William Skaggs wrote:

> It might help if I explain a little more about how GIMP handles
> memory.  GIMP does not rely on the operating system for swapping.
> When you start GIMP, it creates a file, of fixed size which you
> designate in the Preferences, to serve as a swap area.  You also
> tell GIMP, in the Preferences, how much RAM it is allowed to use.
> If GIMP needs more memory, it moves some of its data from RAM
> into the swap file.

Strange... I have 1GB of RAM, and 1GB of swap. My tile cache is set to
512MB, and undo history to 256MB. I recently tried to edit a big pano.
After one color correction, The RAM get full, and the system swap too!
Then, all stopped working.

According to your explanation, it should not do that. Do I missed
something?

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org