Re: Saving black/white TIFF with 'CCITT Group 4' encoding

On Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 9:57:17, Sven Neumann wrote:

> It doesn't take very long if you turn off dithering. Anyway, if there's
> a performance problem, then we (or you) should look into fixing it
> instead of adding ways to work around it. Perhaps it would be a good
> idea to gather some profiling data on the RGB->Indexed conversion code.

Compared to GIMP 1.2.5, converting image to indexed palette is much slower
(for pictures that I often convert to indexed, GIMP 1.2.5 usually does the
conversion instantly, while GIMP 2.x takes several seconds [and fills the
progress bar 3 times while doing it]). I also prefer the result given by
GIMP 1.2.5.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

The shortest distance between two points is under construction.
       -- McGregor's Revised Maxim