Re: Saving black/white TIFF with 'CCITT Group 4' encoding

Hi Sven,

On Monday 12 February 2007 08:38, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > 1. It doesn't allow the user to save a rgb image as CCITT Datagroup 3/4
> > even if it contains only black and white pixels. Instead the user has to
> > convert the image to indexed mode black/white first.
>
> That is the intended behavior. The user should only be allowed to select
> the new compression schemes if the image is indexed with a b/w colormap.
> The radio buttons should be insensitive otherwise and an allowed
> compression scheme should be preselected.
> Sven

So far so good. What do you think about my idea to add an option to the
threshold tool which allows the user to create an indexed black/white image
instead of a rgb image which only contains black and white pixels?

The conversion to indexed takes a lot of time for big images..

Manfred