updating (and categorizing) authors.xml

Hi,

there's one more thing that we need to get done before 2.4 and that's
updating the list of contributors. As we have discussed last year at
LGM, it would be a good idea to also introduce some way to differentiate
between active and inactive contributors. Currently when users look at
the About dialog they see a loooong list of authors and might get the
impression that the GIMP project has plenty of active developers. We all
know that this is not true.

I would like to propose that we add some sort of attribute in the
authors.xml file to mark active contributors (perhaps active="yes", or
last-active="2.4"). I propose that we define a contributor as active if
she has done a substantial contribution in the last development cycle.

The AUTHORS file in the source tree should probably continue to list all
authors, perhaps categorized into active and inactive. But I would like
the About dialog in 2.4 to display only active contributors. Does that
sound reasonable?

Do we have a volunteer for updating the list of contributors?

Sven