Re: string freeze for 2.4

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:55:44 +0100, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       When using a drawing tool (Paintbrush, Airbrush, or Pencil),
>       Shift-click will draw a straight line from your last drawing
>       point to your current cursor position.  If you also press Ctrl,
>       the line will be constrained to 15 degree angles.
>
> This works for more tools now than the ones that are listed here. Also,
> do we still need this tip now that we have statusbar messages for this?
> There are more tips that are now covered by the statusbar hints. Should
> they be removed?

I suggest to remove the tips that are already covered by status bar
messages.  There is no need to duplicate these hints and most users
will see the status bar messages (far) more often than the tips.

Regarding the status bar messages and the string freeze, I would
like to announce that I am planning to add a few more messages,
mostly for the transform tools.  I am planning to work on that next
week.

I expect that my changes will consist mostly in additions rather
than modifications or deletions so hopefully they will not disturb
too much the work of the translators who have already started
working on the strings for gimp 2.4.  I will try to commit the
changes to CVS as soon as possible next week (after Christmas).

-Raphaël