Re: string freeze for 2.4

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 18:52 +1030, David Gowers wrote:

> I already did so (and checked again just now). All but one of them are
> applicable as far as I can tell.

I've changed the tip based on your suggestion.

Actually, I was hoping that we could get rid of some tips for 2.4. In my
opinion there are way too many of them. I also see some tips that could
be improved. For example:

      When using a drawing tool (Paintbrush, Airbrush, or Pencil),
      Shift-click will draw a straight line from your last drawing
      point to your current cursor position.  If you also press Ctrl,
      the line will be constrained to 15 degree angles.

This works for more tools now than the ones that are listed here. Also,
do we still need this tip now that we have statusbar messages for this?
There are more tips that are now covered by the statusbar hints. Should
they be removed?

      You can use the middle mouse button to pan around the image, if
      it's larger than its display window.

We should probably point people to the spacebar here. And the second
part of the sentence seems superfluous to me.

      If your screen is too cluttered, you can press Tab multiple
      times in an image window to hide or show the toolbox and other
      dialogs.

What does "multiple times" mean here?

Should we add a tip about how to create sample points? This is currently
lacking a proper UI and the Ctrl-Drag from rulers is somewhat hard to
discover. If we added a tip, the feature would at least not be
completely unusable.

Sven