Re: 2.4 showstoppers

   From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
   Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:38:07 +0100

   On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 11:02 -0800, Hal V. Engel wrote:

   > One area were many on the OpenICC list agree is that the
   > photoshop/proprietary OS approach to CM could be substantially
   > improved in the area of printing.  My GIMP proposal did not deal
   > with color managed printing since my vision for how this should
   > be handled would require significant changes to the
   > gimp-print/guten-print plugin that I think are beyond the scope
   > of 2.3/2.4 and are in fact significantly different from how this
   > is handled in photoshop.

   The gimp-print/guten-print plug-in is developed by different people
   and is not at all coupled to the GIMP release cycles. We should
   however consider to make the print plug-in that's being shipped
   with GIMP aware of the image's color profile.

I'd like to see the code that does this, so that the Gutenprint plugin
can if possible do the same thing.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx