Re: Re: More interface rantings

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:13:33AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 15:01 -0700, Scott wrote:
>
> > I have yet to hear any feedback regarding my idea of allowing the
> > options for a tool like the current "crop" to be customised by the
> > user to make it do what s/he wants it to do as a normal case.
>
> GIMP allows you to configure the default values for all tool options. It
> even allows you to save them as named settings so you can have several
> settings per tool.

Okay, so I could, eg, make it so that the "rectangle" submenu on the
crop tool option is shown by default, with the rest of the selections
now appearing in the menu put into a submenu? That was what I had
suggested. I don't think it's implemented, AFAIK. But I will explore.

> > Just a small case in point: The Save As menu as applied to jpeg
> > images.

       [ snip a bunch of idiotic rantings ]

> Because noone has implemented this yet. There's a long-standing bug
> report for it. This holds true for almost everything that you are
> ranting about. A little search on Bugzilla would have shown that we are
> aware of all these issues and plan to improve them as time permits.

Okay, I'm ashamed to admit that I don't even know what a bugzilla
is. I guess I always thought a "bug" was something that actually made
a program non-functional, rather than the things that make it only
function at a sub-par level, so I wouldn't have even thought to look
in a "bug report" for interface details. Sorry to have wasted anyone's
time. Keep up the good work.

Scott.