Re: Integrating the Brush Editor into Brush Options

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 12:04 +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> > The bigger problem is that by default, no brush will be writeable. There
> > are plenty of people who actually find the brush editor but can't figure
> > out how to change the values there.
> >
> IMHO this problem is simple to circunvent. Just popup a windows proposing to
> copy the brush if it finds that it's non writable by the user.

I don't really see the need for the confirmation dialog at all. This
could well be done transparently to the user.

I also believe that we should allow scaling bitmap brushes. It's easier
to understand why my brush is blurry than why some brushes behave
differently. Does having the brushes at a larger resolution, say
256x256px, and scaling them down have considerable speed implications?

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac@xxxxxxxxxx>