Re: [GIMP] Suggestion to simplify user interaction

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:19:29AM +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 01:04 +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>
> No. You don't want to look at emacs code. Really. Such an interface is
> easy enough to implement, should we ever decide to want it. I seriously
> doubt its usefullness for the vast majority of GIMP users.

Why not??! As a user, I would very much welcome an emacs-style
interface. Ctrl-H a  (apropos) would logically do what is being
discussed here. Ctrl-H c to describe the command associated with a key
would be excellent as well. Those commands run lightning-fast in emacs
compared with the snail-like workings of the gimp/gtk. But whatever
you do, please, please, PLEASE do not do as one poster suggested and
eliminate single-keystroke commands!! The ability to assign your own
keys to gimp commands on the fly is one of its shining features, IMHO.

Scott Swanson