Re: Re: Are @gimp.org aliases needed at all?

Hi Yosh,

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 01:50 -0700, Manish Singh wrote:

> One really should evaluate emails on the actual *content*, and
> not what the From address says. There are several active contributors
> who do not use gimp.org addresses, assuming their comments should have
> "less weight" is rather rude.

You ignore the fact that we are not actually discussing whether a mail
from gimp.org has more or less weight. What we are discussing is abuse
of the gimp.org email domain. I agree that we should not try to monitor
what people are doing with their gimp.org alias, but if abuse is
reported multiple times, we have to do something about it.

> Can we please stop cluttering the development mailing list with this
> now?

I am not really willing to ignore this issue any longer. I have had
several reports from people who received mails from carol@xxxxxxxx that
can be described as very irritating, to say the least. I think that we
can not any longer ignore this problem. I have asked Carol multiple
times to stop sending such mails, or at least not to use the gimp.org
mail alias for it. She has ignored these requests and did it again. What
do you suggest that we do?

Sven