Re: Hard edged Ink tool?

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 01:57 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> It's good to know that. I previously got the impression that you were
> indifferent to GIMP's usefulness for editing INDEXED images. I
> certainly hope that I can substantially improve indexed drawing
> specifically, when GEGL is in use and I understand it. I think it
> would be relatively simple to bring INDEXED drawing to the level of
> usefulness demonstrated by professional pixeling tools (ProMotion, or
> the older DeluxePaint and it's clones) with a sound architecture like
> that.

Gegl doesn't support images with indexed colors and I very much doubt
that it ever will support it. It is rather likely that indexed mode will
be completely handled by load and save plug-ins in a gegl-based GIMP. If
there's a need for editing indexed mode, this need will likey have to be
fulfilled by a different application then.

Sven