Re: Vector Layers are working, give them a try!

On 17/08/06, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Henk, I have a couple of basic questions that are probably
extraordinarily silly.

1. Is it possible (or will be possible) to have multiple paths in a
vector layer?

It is not possible, and there are currently no plans to change that.
This possibility was discussed at the beginning of my project, and the
big reason to stick with one shape per layer was simplicity. If we had
multiple shapes in a layer, the UI would have to be extended somehow
to allow for changing the order of the shapes, which might be
confusing to the user. With the current system, however, you just
reorder the layers as normal.

2. Will paths and vector layers be different entities in the future?

Paths are by their nature the ideal element for vector layers.
Currently it has been decided that paths should remain paths when
being used by a vector layer, but as above, something may come up
which might change our minds.

3. If so, when it comes to clipping paths, will it be implemented via
paths or vector layers? Is there a particular plan for it in XCF2,
since it most likely won't happen for XCF?

I don't have the knowledge to answer that question, sorry. =(

Thanks for the feedback,
       Henk Boom

Alexandre