Vector Layers are working, give them a try!

Hi, I'm the Google SoC student working on the GIMP vector layers
project, and I'd like to invite everyone who feels like it to give
them a go.

I've recently finished implementing the saving and loading of these
layers to the GIMP's XCF files, so they are in a usable state. I would
very much like any constructive feedback you have, especially with
regards to how you would like the stroke / fill dialog to behave. This
dialog is my next focus, as although it works now, it's not anywhere
near ideal.

You can find the source code on the soc-2006-vector-layers branch of
the GIMP CVS. To create a vector layer, right click on a path in the
paths dialog and select "Path to vector layer". This acts like a
regular layer except that it auto-updates to reflect changes in the
path it was made from and its stroke and fill settings. To change
colours and such, right click on the layer in the layers dialog and
select "Fill / Stroke".

Vector layers are always edited by changing the path they are based
on, so if you go do other stuff you need to manually double-click the
path. I am thinking of automating this when you double-click the
vector layer, but I might reserve that for opening the stroke / fill
options instead.

Anyways, try it out, have fun, and make sure to give feedback if you
have any at all. =)

Thank you,
       Hendrik Boom