Re: Re: Gimp-developer Digest, Vol 46, Issue 16

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 09:13:13AM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> Carol Spears wrote:
> > i keep looking for some sign of competence in this letter.  dave is my
> > friend and i am certain that he is competent to conduct this GIMP
> > business, but i am looking for actual evidence of this in this email in
> > particular.
>
> Pray tell - what evidence is there to the contrary?

the letter has been deleted from the reply.  maybe you could paste the
email and be real clear about what i am missing.

> > personally, i would feel more confident in dave's competency in this
> > position if he would feel passionate enough about it to actually read
> > the gimp mail lists and even quit a few times since he feels strongly
> > about things.
>
> So reading a mailing list through a digest is not reading a list? I
> don't understand. And I did quit, remember?

it is less than participating in a real exchange.  it screws up
threading.

> I'm feeling all this aggression Carol - is there something you'd like to
> get off your chest?

no aggression here.

confusion and disappointment yes. but this is hardly "aggression".

i believe that if you look at the letter i wrote again, you will see
that i am asking nicely and with a little bit of humor that you work
with a little more honesty.

how could this be aggressive?

carol