Re: Re: New microsoft image format

On Saturday 03 June 2006 11:49, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
In my software, I have already thought of using a license
which forbids their use in Windows. I don't know the license
details yet; perhaps GPL + restriction.

You might wish to look at the licensing of the Xara Xtreme software. They have recently Open-Sourced (and GPLed) Linux and Mac versions of their drawing program while maintaining a commercial license on the Windows platform. They were able to do this because they wrote the software and obtain agreements from other contributors before incorporating their contributions into the commercially licensed versions.

This hybrid licensing seems to be a reaction to Microsoft's intent to enter the vector graphics drawing program arena and not really "anti-Windows" motivated.

The contributor's agreement can be examined at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/contributor_agreement.html