Re: gimp with large files. test.

On Monday 01 May 2006 11:37 am, Campbell Barton wrote:
> On the other hand, Photoshop may be working on a smaller copy of
> the image at 1:1,
> has this been considered by the gimp dev's?

it most certainly does, and then does the real curves work on the
background.

Considered? Yes.
Made? No.

Nowadays it is sort of postponed until after 2.4 is released and GeGL
starts to be integrated into the GIMP. I think one of the great
bennefits of GeGL will be allowing doing this kind of live previews
with transparent background processing - Although that will not come
for free with the GeGL.