Re: Project proposal: Resource contribution, distribution and management system (was: Re: Google Summer of Code 2006, to whom it may concern)

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:52:32PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>
> > The initial idea:
> >
> > Provide a system that allows anyone to contribute and maintain resources
> > (brushes, palettes, scripts, plug-ins, ...) for GIMP, and have it
> > organized in a way that makes it easy for GIMP users to access these
> > resources.
>
> I wonder if you have read this:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2006-March/000314.html
> ;-)

we have been discussing a gimptool-get which would be similar to debians
apt for a very long while.

the same way that the web site redesign has been "in my head" and the
tools sitting right on my computer, i think that this framework already
exists in the minds of people who are currently working on gimp and
still involved.

my idea is that these people should get this stuff off from their
computers and get it working within the gimp project.  then, since gimp
is free and gpl, creative commons can get it, fix the problems and gpl
and cc can start to work together again.  or for the first time, i
dunno.

we all have personal agendas.  me included.  i feel that a time of
testing everyones little personal agendas for what will work and what
will not work has been long enough for everyone to work it out for
themselves.

creative commons was as bad to gimp as google was.  not including gimp
in things.  i tried to discuss this with people involved there and all i
got was some fuzzy blog things about creative commons not being a
commune.  i will be honest with anyone involved with that stuff, this is
no way for projects to communicate or work together.

that being said, it is difficult to show anything while all this stuff
sits on the developers computers and doesn't make it to the public.

blah, blah, blah...

carol