Re: [Gimp-user] `Bucket fill' ..

I think his problem is that he is trying to bucket fill a natural
image. This doesn`t really work as there are too much colors in
natural images and thresholding doesn`t really work.... (for example,
try to bucket fill a gradient).
However, this gets me to an idea: We could build a "natural" bucket
fill tool by reducing the colors using color clustering from SIOX and
then fill.  The color reduction would have to be much more radical,
like with limits={5,5,10} or even higher values. I guess it has to be
user controllable at the end... but this is something that I miss in
every image manipulation program. Maybe we can put this on the task
list.

On 3/27/06, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Eadie <jae@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > For instance, how can you make the bucket fill tool actually do
> > anything?
>
> Point and click ?!
>
> Seriously, your question doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The tool
> should just work. If it doesn't, you should perhaps describe what
> exactly you are trying to do and how.
>

> Sven

Gerald Friedland         Raum 164       Tel: ++49 (0)30/838-75134
Freie Universität Berlin Takustr. 9     http://www.gerald-friedland.org
Institut für Informatik  14195 Berlin   fland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx