Re: Why be cryptic? 'Xtns' should be name 'Extensions'

First, thanks for an insightful reply.

I read about MDIs at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_document_interface and I was conviced, MDI seems like a thing of the past.

However, I think that when you use GIMP, the taskbar quickly gets bloated with lots of images. Would a TDI (Tabbed Document Interface) be very tough to implement in GIMP? TDI's have become very popular, and afaik lots of people agrees that TDIs are very effective for handling multiple documents.

Also, I don't agree that having a separate GIMP and separate Toolbox window would be MDI-ish. Having a TDI with dockable windows for layers, tools, colors etc in the I think would be a very good change in the interface.