Re: Image size limit of GIMP & Image SDK

First of all, sorry the bad english, I' m a brazilian GIMPER.

I have an idea about a new plugin that could help you.

I gonna write an example of the functions:

Two months ago, I was working in a Panoramica Job  manually (following the "Grokking the GIMP" book). The file was bigger then my mail sent-limit, then I smalled the image size by the half.

After, at home, I did make all the job and get some satisfactory result. But, the small size of the image makes me redo all the work in the original file, step by step, just changing the sizes of the filters, selections and editions.

Well, the plugin I thought, should start with a window indicating the actual size and resolution of the image, and asking the size and resolution we would like to work with.

Then the original image and all the commands should be saved (in memory, external file GIMP file), while we are using they in a smallest image.

At the end, the plugin "translates" all the commands to the original size and transform the original size file.

The advantage of this plugin?
Faster image edition.

I think a plugin like this could help you too.

This is just an idea, I don' t know "C program language", but I' m interessed in aid this development. I don' t know how to suggest this to the developers, but I think this plugin could be very useful for a lot of GIMP users.

That's all Folks !!!
Dalai Felinto
Rio de Janeiro
Brasil