Re: Patterns -- things we could do to make their manufacture much easier

Hi,
dov.grobgeld@xxxxxxxxx (2005-12-29 at 1551.31 +0200):
> Don't forget the fantastic resynthesizer plug-in as part of the tool
> chain for creating tilable plug-ins. It is certainly usually much
> better than any alpha-blending. See:
>
>     http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer

Or http://www.manucornet.net/Informatique/Texturize.php

And of course, the manual way which is the only that warrants good
results (all others will require some visual check and probably fixes,
that or you accept muntant flowers, deformed nuts and headless
pingeons).

The basic idea of manual way is explained around "The hard part is
making ..." of http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Tileable_Textures/ . For
images you have to use clone, smudge or similar tools instead of just
painting over the discontinuity, of course.

GSR