Re: 16bit channels, doh

On 11/1/05, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/1/05, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to create a TODO list for GEGL, so that
> everyone interested could have a look and pick a task that he would be
> able to accomplish?

If I am asked to create such a list right now it has a single item:

1) create a TODO list/roadmap

I have my own personal TODO list for GEGL it is as follows:

1) understand the existing code base
2) make it process images

Once GEGL is a working entity it will be easier to figure out what
needs fixing and how. I thought that I might be able to achieve those
goals this summer but understanding and adapting the architecture of a
nonworking piece of software with the complexity and demands that GEGL
is a large task and I failed. I got sidetracked the moment I found
myself a TODO item (which is what turned into babl).

I have to prioritize my time and the GEGL task is currently swapped
out of memory, to disk or maybe even to /dev/null. Right now the only
free software projects that manages to get slices of my time is babl,
since I am already using it for other purposes than GEGL.

I am hoping to have slightly more time available after new year and be
able to pick up development again. If someone else has the time and
energy needed to get GEGL going again it would be greatly appreciated
by everyone and it would not be stepping on any ones toes.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/