Re: [Gimp-developer] Organising a conference

Hi Marc,

On Apr 23, 2005, at 8:00 PM, Marc Lehmann wrote:

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 01:17:41PM +0200, Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Blender people involved and make it a Free Graphics Con.
One might want to change the text on http://www.gimp.org/donating/ then,
which explicitly talks about gimp developers. While I am sure most
donators don't care, some might, and it would be only fair to be straight
about the usage of the money they donate.

People donating money to the GIMP are donating it to the GIMP. I was making a suggestion about the scope of the event (if there is to be one), and not how the money people donate would be spent. In fact, my understanding is that since the money was donated to the GNOME Foundation for use to support the GIMP, the GNOME Foundation can only free up the funds for that use.

Any such event would surely attract interest from companies willing to sponsor it. What having money does is give us a cushion to get people to the event that need to be there to keep the GIMP going forward.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary