Re: [Gimp-developer] Organising a conference

Dave Neary wrote:

If we do plan a GIMPCon, though, I would recommend being a little more open about it than the summit type events which we had in Berlin and at GUADEC. We should try to organise a couple of days of talks and demos open to the public, and why not get some Inkscape, Scribus, OO Draw and Blender people involved and make it a Free Graphics Con.

From the Inkscape side of things, I know we like to participate whenever things are close enough to be affordable. I'm stuck down in Southern California, but we do have a good spread of people in many countries who like to get around. (I think one of our more communicative guys is off in Korea now).