Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp swap file increase

Michael Schumacher wrote:

Well, lets clear it up:

- GIMP 1.2 is not longer maintained (even GIMP 2.0 isn't)
- there will be no changes to GIMP 1.2 anymore, and thus no further releases
- if you're still using 1.2, your're basically on your own

Compiling 2.2 yourself and testing it (if you don't have test cases, it
would be a good idea to make some up with the current setup) is the best
method to ensure it works fine. I'm actually a bit surprised that you'd rely
on others to test the software you're using - do you want to blame someone
else if it fails?

No. I'd only prefer to have a binary release for the OS I work on. Of course I'll compile and test it, but wouldn't be better if others would have tested it previously?

Anyway, I'd like to thank Manish for answering my questions.

Andrei