Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp swap file increase

Andrei Simion wrote:

> I haven't downloaded anything from gimp.org so I didn't know the
> binaries come from other entities. I haven't intended to be
> disrespectful; if so, please accept my apologies.

IMO you should at least have read it carefully...
Some things don't fit here - on the one hand you're insisting on having
everything tested, on the other hand you seem to be a bit sloppy when
checking the sources (not the source code) where the things actually come
from.

> But let's go back to my problem. There's a swap file increase every time
> I run a Perl script that creates an image on the GIMP 1.2. I tried to
> delete the image at the end of my script, just to see if the swap file
> stops increasing. The result was negative. I cannot change the OS on the
> server (I have other services running) and everything should be tested.
> I have to stick on Red Hat.
>
> The question is whether you have encountered such a problem (swap file
> increase).
>
> I hope everything is clear now.

Well, lets clear it up:

- GIMP 1.2 is not longer maintained (even GIMP 2.0 isn't)
- there will be no changes to GIMP 1.2 anymore, and thus no further releases
- if you're still using 1.2, your're basically on your own

Compiling 2.2 yourself and testing it (if you don't have test cases, it
would be a good idea to make some up with the current setup) is the best
method to ensure it works fine. I'm actually a bit surprised that you'd rely
on others to test the software you're using - do you want to blame someone
else if it fails?

HTH,
Michael

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl