Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GIMP and multiple processors

Hi,

Daniel Egger <de@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just played around with the blend tool on a 100x100px image and
> looked very closely for any artifacts with and without
> supersampling. The result was that I couldn't produce any visible
> aliasing effects no matter how hard I try other than by using
> a sawtooth repeat pattern. That seems like a *huge* price to pay
> for something that can be easily done by accident.

Sorry, but I don't see your point. It has been show that supersampling
makes sense for some corner cases. It is off by default and users can
activate it in case they run into one of the corner cases. Of course
it could be faster but where's your problem?

Sven