Re: [Gimp-developer] CVS HEAD dependency on glib-2.6 / gtk+-2.6

<pcg@xxxxxxxx ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 09:56:07PM -0800, William Skaggs <weskaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I really find it bad that you think those people are ignorant - not
>> > everybody can (or even will) read the source to find hidden keyboard
>> > shortcuts. That is simply "too much" to ask from anybody.
>>
>> Your points are valid, but you have to realize that there is no such
>> thing as a perfect ui solution in a program as complex as GIMP.  If
>> every interface element is always visible, the interface gets so
>> complicated as to be unusable.  But if elements are hidden, they are
>> hard to use for that very reason.  We can't win.
>
> Well, it should be clear that, except for small changes, the old file
> dialog worked better for the largest number of users. Also, the file
> save dialog in gimp-2.2 does have a path entry, so I don't think it's
> impossible to do it (that's just an example).
>
> Some problems might be caused by misdesigns in gtk+, but not all.

Ah, So which problem you have with the file dialog is GIMP specific?

Why don't you stop complaining here and talk to the GTK+ mailing list?
There is absolutely nothing we can do about that. And no, we will
certainly not hack around to make the GIMP's file dialogs look
different from all other GTK+ apps' file dialogs.

ciao,
--mitch