Re: [Gimp-developer] CVS HEAD dependency on glib-2.6 / gtk+-2.6

   From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
   Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:36:29 +0100

   Robert L Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

   > There could be plenty of other reasons why, of course.  But it isn't
   > FUD for people to report that they're having problems compiling and
   > running GTK 2.6 against a particular distribution.  Multiple people
   > reporting the same thing suggests there's an issue, but doesn't
   > pinpoint where it is.

   I am only asking that you show us what problems exactly you have when
   building gtk+, so that we can help you to solve them. Saying that
   there are "a lot of problems" doesn't help at all and is what I would
   consider spreading FUD. We are trying to move GIMP development along
   and we will need to use GTK+-2.6 to make this happen. So it should be
   our goal to make sure that all developers update glib and gtk+.
   Telling them that this update will cause problems, but not saying what
   problems these are, doesn't help anyone.

It's been a while since I tried it (when GIMP 2.2 came out), so I
don't remember for certain what happened.  It may have even been
something getting confused about /usr vs. /usr/local (in which case it
wouldn't be a GTK problem at all), but I honestly don't remember.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton