Re: [Gimp-developer] Roadmap

Daniel Egger wrote:
> What I've seen just recently and deem as a good idea would be a
> possibility to make dialogs translucent (better yet, only if not
> currently focused) to reduce the screen estate necessary to manipulate
> an image. Anyone having an idea of the feasibility and complexity
> of an implementation?

That would indeed rock, but I think it needs to be supported at the
Gtk+ level before GIMP could do anything with it.  (For Linux, it depends
on new functionality in the X.org system, which isn't 100% stable yet
and, as I understand it, isn't activated by default in most of the
current distros.)  Maybe in a year or so . . .

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu