Re: [Gimp-developer] A beginning GIMP Developer?

Hi and welcome!

There are people in better position to answer you on this!

But I am just quite happy to see a mail like this - I myself just go
around proposing weird features, and eventually finding and fixing a
minor bug. Lots of fun, either way.

So...bugzilla is the way to deliver bug corrections.
You should better be using GIMP from CVS, read the 'Hacking' file in
there for building tips - if you aren't already. Them, just check the
bugs in bugzilla, erradicate them, taking care to maintain the coding
style (it is GNU style, I've read somewhere). After it works, make a
patch by running diff with "-u3" option, and attach that patch to the
bug report.

Now, keep online to hear from Sven, Bolsh, Alan, Carol and others...

Oh, also, underliying GTK and the GIMP object system is Glib and
Gobject - you should learn about these. There is a small app called
"devhelp" which allows for interactive browsing of the API.

Regards,
	js
	-><-