Re: [Gimp-developer] Best way for "limit distance"

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:16 +1300, Joseph Heled
<pepster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (I think this has been discussed on the list before, but not sure where/when.)
>
> What is the best way to achieve the following functionality -
>
>    Given two layers L1 and L2, I want L2 limited by it's distance from L1
>
>        Result  <-  L1 - MIN( MAX(L1 - L2), -20), 20)

> A. Write a plugin
> B. Write it as a script-fu (not sure if script-fu can iterate on pixels, and
> what is the speed implication). And I hate scheme.
> C. Write it in python fu if I can compile it, but even though it is probably not
>   as universally available as scrip-fu. Can I iterate over an image in python-fu?
> D. I know I can do it with 5 layers and overlay modes. write this as a
> script-fu. Not elegant and requires loads of memory for large images.
   E. extend gluas to be able to pick an auxiliary drawable for
additional pixel sources,
(essentially resurrecting some code I initially had in a different
version of gluas, and write the expression in gluas).

( gluas is at http://pippin.gimp.org/plug-ins/gluas/ )

/pippin

--
Software patents hinder progress | http://swpat.ffii.org/