Re: [Gimp-developer] 2.2 splash screen competition

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:04:04PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Manish Singh wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 08:37:00PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> > > If you want to do the work of changing all the places that things
> > > have been said now, be my guest. Let me know, I'll blog the new
> > > location. Otherwise, the wiki will do for the week. It's not like
> > > we're going to get hundreds of entries.
> >
> > Sure. I'll also demphasize the current wiki bit.
>
> Don't forget to migrate all of the images that have already been
> submitted from the wiki.

Yeah. Some have already been dropped on the floor though.

> > This was all said in the wee hours of the morning here. It couldn't wait
> > 12 hours?
>
> Given that (unfortunately) I had already made an announcement,
> since (unfortunately) this thing got left to the last minute and
> there was no time left to wait for some kind of group approval,
> it was important that we put something in place today. The
> contest is only going to run for 6 days. Waiting until tomorrow
> or Thursday was unacceptable.

And announcement could've been made stating the rules and criteria,
but the submission mechanism could've been finalized later. That's
what's happening anyway...

The gnome.org people dont' seem to be too happy about what's happened
either.

-Yosh