Re: [Gimp-developer] 2.2 splash screen competition

Hi,

Manish Singh wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 08:01:20PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> > In case you hadn't noticed, we're due a release next week. How
> > soon is soon?
>
> Today.

If you want to do the work of changing all the places that things
have been said now, be my guest. Let me know, I'll blog the new
location. Otherwise, the wiki will do for the week. It's not like
we're going to get hundreds of entries.

> > > Why did nobody wait for any real input? (remember, there was a holiday
> > > weekend in the US that just finished). This is shameful.
> >
> > I didn't know. I'm an Irishman living in France - how am I
> > supposed to know about USA holidays?
>
> Cause they are mentioned in gimp forums, just like european holidays are
> (and respected).

Were you expecting us to wait for some comments from *you*
specifically before starting something?

> You *are* expected to know about timezones, and at least wait till
> Pacific Standard Time for comments.

The initial (wrong) announcement was last evening at 19h CET, 11h
PST which certainly gave you enough time to comment before we had
to sort something out.

Dave.

--
        David Neary,