Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp GUI

Jakub Friedl, adresa do konferenci wrote:

Flash is an absolute essential - we have no tools at all at present for
Flash is, to my best knowledge, closed proprietary format.  So there is
only a little hope we can make our own Flash creating application.

Hi,

I've never looked at any of this stuff personally, but PHP suuports SWF:
http://us2.php.net/ming

And I also have a libswf on my Debian machine.  A quick apt-get search:

libming-dev - Library to generate SWF (Flash) Files (development files)
libming-util - Library to generate SWF (Flash) Files - Utilities
libswf-perl - Ming (SWF) module for Perl
php4-ming - Ming (SWF) module for php4
python-ming - Ming (SWF) module for Python
python2.2-ming - Ming (SWF) module for Python 2.2
gstreamer-swfdec - SWF (Macromedia Flash) decoder plugin for GStreamer
libswfdec-dev - SWF (Macromedia Flash) decoder library
libswfdec0 - SWF (Macromedia Flash) decoder library
swf-player - SWF (Macromedia Flash) player
libflash-dev - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - development files
libflash-mozplugin - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - Mozilla-compatible plugin
libflash-swfplayer - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - stand-alone player
libflash0 - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - shared library
libming - Library to generate SWF (Flash) Files
libming-fonts-openoffice - Fonts for use with the Ming Library for SWF Creation

It appears that openoffice has some SWF support ...

rgds,
Chris