Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

On Monday, September 13, 2004, 23:26:52, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> The consensus so far seem to be that GLib should not open any
> console windows by itself. OK, fine with me, such a change could
> be done even in the stable branch (2.4.x) IMHO. But I certainly
> hope that it doesn't mean that people then will start whining
> that they want "log windows" for warnings and error
> messages. Sheesh, that's what the console windows are/were,
> dammit.

If anybody wants log windows back, it's easy to change the compilation
process to produce a console EXE - or, if the user doesn't have (or doesn't
want to use) a compiler, there are programs that can switch an already
compiled EXE file between console/GUI applications (it's a matter of
changing 1 byte).

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< for personal mail, replace guest.arnes.si with isg.si >

The more an item costs, the farther you have to send it for repairs.
       -- Goodman's Law of Value