Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image dialog usability bug

On Friday 10 September 2004 19:41, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> >Ok, just to drop my 2 cents in here:
> >
> >I think that changing the units on the new image dialog should not
> >convert the numbers typed in, unless if explicitly desired.
>
> Just another thought. What about adding some sort of "lock" icon
> beside the X&Y values that, when set, would prevent changes in the
> units from affecting the X&Y values. This would be similar to how
> we have the link icon that locks the X&Y together to maintain the
> aspect ratio when changing one of the values.
>
> An alternative would be to have a link icon between the unit box
> and the X&Y values. When the chain is complete, it will affect the
> X&Y value. When the chain is broken, you can change the units
> without affecting X&Y.
I had tought about it as well.
When I said about increasing the funcionality of tens of dialogs
without changing any code besides adding this chain icon to
activate/deactivate  unit conversion.

It could be even be done in a way that, when someone would select a
template, it would become locked - as it's default state on the New
Image Dialog should be open.

There is nothing about "impossibility" of working with templates here.
There is an issue about Left to right - top down reading and inputing
values into a form, or keeping a form that has one entry behaving
right to left, upside down.

	JS
	-><-