Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-plugin-template: install

Hi,

Quoting Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>:
> I don't think we should change this behaviour but we could very easily
> add another install target (for example called install-user) that
> installs the plug-in to the user's plug-in directory. This will only
> work for a small subset of plug-ins though. Most plug-ins handled by a
> gimp-plugin-template framework are complex plug-ins that install more
> than just a single plug-in. Usually there will be help files,
> translations, perhaps data files loaded at runtime. The extra
> installation target may make people think that the plug-in has been
> successfully installed with all its additional files while really only
> the exectuable has been installed. I am not convinved that it would be
> a good idea to do such a change.

This brings up an interesting question... is it possible to install a
plug-in in the user's directory, and have translations managed by
gettext? Where do the .mo files get installed in this case, and how can
one make gettext aware of them?

Cheers,
Dave.

--