Re: [Gimp-developer] OT: noise equivalence in HSV components

> HSV is the wrong colorspace to use for this purpose. The LA*B* > colorspace was designed to do what you are trying to accomplish: > supposedly, equal distances in LA*B* coordinate space correspond to > equal distances in human perceptual space -- although I understand > that there is debate about whether this is really true.

I might be wrong, but this will not solve it either. I assume the AB (color information) might be in the "same" units, but I don't think Luminosity is. (and I can make the argument that Hue and Saturation are in the "same" units as well, the problem being how to fit Value in)

-Joseph