Re: [Gimp-developer] plugin to put points on top of each other

Christof Lutz writes:
> yes, that's true and it's a pity that there is no way :-) So what
> do you suggest:
>
> I want to mark particular points in one or more images and use the
> marked coordinates in my plugin-dialog. Do you think it's the best to
> create picture-buttons with more or less small thumbnails of the images
> and read the coordinates of the corresponding GDK_BUTTON_PRESS? The
> smaller the thumbnail, the more unprecise the coordinates I get. Is this
> way possible actually? How can I get reasonable results in respect to
> the precision of the corrdinates?

My apologies for misunderstanding the question.  I am doing something
very much like this in gfig, using the following code (simplified
a little bit):

  if (! back_pixbuf)
    back_pixbuf = gimp_image_get_thumbnail (image_id,
                                            preview_width, preview_height,
                                            GIMP_PIXBUF_LARGE_CHECKS);

  if (back_pixbuf)
    gdk_draw_pixbuf (preview->window,
                     preview->style->fg_gc[GTK_STATE_NORMAL],
                     back_pixbuf, 0, 0,
                     0, 0,
                     gdk_pixbuf_get_width (back_pixbuf),
                     gdk_pixbuf_get_height (back_pixbuf),
                     GDK_RGB_DITHER_NONE, 0, 0);

Here "preview" is a GtkDrawingArea.  You can create a thumbnail up
to 512 x 512 in this way.  (Incidentally, thanks to Sven for improving
the code I originally wrote to do this.)

Best,
  -- Bill

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu