Re: [Gimp-developer] error in code....

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 05:39:01AM -0400, Dov Kruger wrote:
> Based on advice from this forum, the script now reads:
>
> (define
>   (dl-png2transindexed2 file)
>   (let*
>       (
>        (img (car
> 	     (file-png-load 1 file file)
> 	     )
> 	    )
>        (d (car (gimp-image-active-drawable img)))
>        )
>     (gimp-layer-add-alpha (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer img)))
>     (gimp-by-color-select d '(255 255 255) 0 2 0 0 0 0)
>     (gimp-edit-clear)
>     (gimp-convert-indexed img 0 0 255 0 0 "")
>     (file-png-save 1 img d file file 0 6 0 0 0 1 1)
>     )
> )
>
> This yields the following error:
>
> Error while executing
> (dl-png2transindexed2
> "/home/dkruger/dev/matlab/sdv4/longislandsaltL10T24.png")
> ERROR: too few arguments (see errobj)
>
> First of all, since it's probably obvious what I'm doing wrong, an
> answer is always appreciated, but I'd like to know if there is any
> mini-debugger available, or any way of seeing which line is the cause of
> the error. The error message says to "see errorobj" but I didn't see
> anything on the console, or a menu in the fu section that would show me
> the underlying cause.

okay, first of all, i do not do script-fu.  so this is a non-technical
answer from a non-script-fu user.

Sven hinted at the answer earlier in this thread, or someone did.

i am not sure why the run_mode stuff is in the argument lists for the
different pdb calls, and this problem actually spills into gimp-python
scripting and gimp-perl scripting but the argument for run_mode being
non-interactive or interactive is not only unnecessary but certain to
break any script.

the best documentation i found on the subject was on another dovs
documentation.  and looking over the updated stuff
(http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/gimp/scheme-tut.html) i cannot
quickly find the warning.

anyways, forget the variable for interactive or non-interactive run_mode
and probably you will only get errors that make sense.

carol