[Gimp-developer] Bugzilla clean-up

Hi all,

Up until earlier today there were over 30 versions of the GIMP to
choose from in Bugzilla. This has been reduced to 4 - 1.0.x, 1.2.x,
1.3.x, 2.0.0 and Current CVS. I question whether we'll need
2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc at all, and personally I'm happy having just
".x" for the major branches, but anyway...

So - I just wanted to say a big thank you to Luis Villa for doing
this today with his magic SQL fingers. If I'd done it by hand,
everyone would have had a thousand bugzilla mails.

We also talked about the problem of dead/completed milestones -
it doesn't make sense to have any bugs on 1.2.x milestones or
1.3.x milestones any more (or, indeed, 2.0.0). But it doesn't
make sense to delete them either. Unfortunately, Bugzilla doesn't
(yet) have the concept of a completed milestone, allowing
milestones to be hidden from the list for people doing triage. We
can, however, sort these so that the active milestones are at the
top of the list. Does this sound like a good idea?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,