[Gimp-developer] preparing the 2.0.1 release

Hi,

we said two weeks for 2.0.1, so that'd be this tuesday. Some time has
been spent on the 2.0.1 bug list this weekend but still there's quite
a list. Here's a summary with some comments. As usual the comments are
just my opinion and I added them to ask you add yours, to object or to
make you send patches.

#85103 	Tools
        GIMP should warn user if extremely large fonts are requested
 - can be bumped to 2.0.2

#91384 	General
 	unaligned access when displaying an image
 - needs info

#93806 	Script-Fu
	Script-Fu args parsing needs to be made sane
 - should be bumped to 2.2

#93856 	Plugins
 	IIR and RLE Blur blur inconsistently
 - has a patch that should be applied

#115774 General
	Tablet pointer becames core pointer
 - noone seems to have a clue what's going on, so bump it to 2.0.2

#120490	Tools
        Scale tool produces wrong output (misses parts of image)
 - can be bumped to 2.0.2

#121871	Plugins
	Saving large PSD's make the psd plugin crash.
 - can be bumped to 2.0.2

#123888 Plugins
        PSD images gets wrong "modulo"
 - can be bumped to 2.0.2

#128594 Tools
	Rotating layer more wide than 16000 pixels causes problem...
 - can be bumped to 2.0.2

#132366 General
        crashes when loading ( finding font )
 - this one is fixed (workaround in gimp, real fix in freetype) and
   is only kept open to give people a chance to find the bug before
   filing yet another duplicate

#133719 User Interface
	crashes on paste
 - eeky but unlikely to trigger, could be bumped to 2.0.2

#136219 Tools
        crash with shapeburst gradients (adaptive supersampling /...
 - the crash is fixed, but there is a claim that there could be a better
   fix; should be closed as FIXED

#136556 Tools
        Crop Tool Behaves Strangely
 - would be nice to figure out what's going wrong, otherwise bump to 2.0.2

#136713	Plugins
	Select contiguous region in imagemap not fully functional...
 - not severe, up to Maurits what to do but it won't block the release

#138103 General
        unable to begin selection from absolute lower right hand ...
 - would have to take a closer look before I can express an opinion on
   this one

#138201 General
	gimp 2.x mmx problem ?
 - seems to be related to the compiler and the compiler options, can be
   bumped to 2.0.2

#138237 Tools
 	Selection dragbox doesn't always reliably indicate final ...
 - there's a patch ready to be committed

#138238	Plugins
	jpeg plug-in crashes when opening file
 - seems to be a DLL hell problem or incompatible library versions;
   probably not a GIMP problem, can be bumped to 2.0.2

#138356 General
        Gimp 2.0 crashes on Image Scale
 - bad bug, has a stack trace and a simple patch that gives some insight
   but needs more review and testing

#138662	Script-Fu
	Copy Visible fails when layer mask active
 - there's a suggested workaround, needs to be looked at

#138714 Gimp-Python
 	3 Blind Mice...Sorry..3 bugs in Py-Slice
 - has a patch; Yosh seems to be on it

#138754 General
	path_get_point_at_dist() is unimplemented
 - seems to be less trivial then we believed initially; should be bumped
   before we do anything stupid

#138788 Plugins
 	problems with Lighting Effects plug-in
 - has a patch that looks good

So, this is a good bunch of work. I'd really like to do 2.0.1 this
tuesday, but it will need a few people helping, otherwise it will take
a little longer.

Sven