Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp.app application bundle

On Mar 22, 2004, at 5:20 AM, Daniel Egger wrote:

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 02:51:44PM -0800, Aaron Voisine wrote:

Can you open the Console application and tell me what
it says?

Sure, sorry for not doing that right away.

lucy:~/Desktop egger$ ./Gimp2.app/Contents/MacOS/Gimp2
GIMP could not initialize the graphical user interface.
Make sure a proper setup for your display environment exists.

Tim Allen actually found this problem as well. I've fixed it. I was setting DISPLAY to localhost:0.0 instead of :0.0 This will work with the default installation, but if you turn off support for remote network x11 connections then it breaks. There was another problem I fixed that occurs if you have a custom ~/.xinitrc file that calls quartz-wm with a full path.

Get the latest from http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net

I'm currently working on getting the app bundle to be
droppable after it's already running by using gimp-remote.
I got it to open new files after it's running, but for
some reason the thread that runs gimp-remote kills the
gimp.app program when it terminates... I'm getting
closer. I'm making changes to platypus to get that to
work, so I'll post my modified platypus code on the
gimp.app sourceforge project once it's working.

l8r
Aaron