Re: PDB named and default parameters (was Re: [Gimp-developer] TheMark Shuttleworth offer)

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:11:53PM -0600, Kevin Myers wrote:
> Hmmm, I wonder why using the --batch option wasn't suggested when I ran into
> the problems that I mentioned previously...

i was part of this discussion.  you were given honest answers from the
linux people developing TheGIMP.  we all use Image Magick to do batch
processing.  The manpages are some of the best written and the convert,
mogrify and other image magick commands usually come with every linux
distribution.

if i need more than Image Magick can do, i write python scripts. All of
the gimp scripts have a browser which should avoid any problems that a
GIMP User on Windows(TM) should have.

also, if you really  like to use the command line, why ever are you
using Windows?

> Unfortunately, it has been so long ago now that I don't remember the
> details.  I gave up trying after a couple of days of trial and error plus a
> number of related emails.  I can't think of any reason at this point why
> that wouldn't have been a reasonable solution.

i have a complaint about the way emails are being formated on what
should be a repectable mail list.  i am sending it in a different email.

carol