Re: [Gimp-developer] The Mark Shuttleworth offer

Kelly Martin wrote:
Dave Neary wrote:

We could even consider having a quickish stable release after 2.2 with just GeglImage replacing GimpLayer, which would give us a chance to work out any wrinkles in that milestone before we start really relying on it...

Unless the code has changed a lot and I haven't noticed it (and looking I see it hasn't), you should be redesigning GimpDrawable (not GimpLayer) to inherit from GeglImage.

Actually, yes. Though GimpDrawable, GimpLayer and GeglImage all need to be touched.

I'm not sure whether having GimpImage inherit from GeglNode, or contain a member GeglNode, makes more sense.

I believe GimpImage is a set of GimpLayers. It might even be able to stay that way.

--
Dan